Wednesday 23 May 2007

"Dont create bad guys late at night; its scary!"

Ok so I have been struggling for a while with where to take my story 'An Echo of Love'. I came to realise that I really didnt know my world good enough and that it infact had too many incosistancies.

For example: Where do all the races come from? How do they see one another? How was the Empire formed? Who built it? How does religion work and effect the different races? Why does it effect them as it does? etc. etc.

I could go on with the questions, however I realised what I needed to do was go and establish how the Empire was formed. So I picked up my pen, got my paper and I begun to scribble down what I had in mind for the Founding Empire.

It was last Sunday that I was speaking with a good friend who knows his stuff when it comes to History, Politics and Books when he showed me some ideas he had for some stories. His main problem is having the writing skills to get the work down but his ideas were phenominal. What he had done was plan his world the Biblical Way. As in he established each age in his world, listed major events and why one age turns into another. He was then able to carry stories through the time line and link them up with other tales.

So, naturally, this got me thinking. I need to go further back and establish the different ages and major events. This I did and I even found out that I could incorporate other story ideas and subplots that I had reacted years ago and scrapped. However, the main reason I write this blog is to leave myself a personal reminder

"Dont create bad guys late at night; its scary!"

I shall let you all into this bad guy later on. However, I almost did not sleep last night as I was imagaining this guy stalking through my bedroom and hiding in the shadows etc. hehe. Got to love an over active imagination!

Keep safe, Have fun and God bless

Nate

1 comment:

Stina said...

That's an interesting theory... I suppose that's a brilliant way for creating your worlds. If you're interested in this theory, I know a brilliant writer who employs that theory. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes writes about vampires, witches, and shape-shifters. She has created different races and traced them back to their conception.

Thanks for the compliments on my blogs - I love have comments - you made my day!

Stina