Wednesday 15 October 2008

Digitising Maps



Greetings all.

I hope you are having a great time doing what ever it is you do. I'd like to welcome you all to the next article in my blog on creating original worlds.

I haven't posted anything in a week or two mainly due to the fact that I didn't have any tracing paper to copy the map from the boards. However, I have finally bought some grease proof paper, so I am able scan the map into the computer. Once I have scanned the map into the computer I aim to change the line art into full colour maps.

So to do this I thought I would first learn how to create effective looking maps in photoshop. I will update this article as I improve the map more. The image on the left is is what I have so far.

I am rather happy with how the map looks at the moment, thought it has ALONG way to go before it will be in any shape that I would call finished.






No comments: