Monday 22 September 2008

Creating Continent's

As I discussed in my previous blog, entitled 'Starting the Map' I have a good idea of how one of the Islands will look, so I am going to now develop the surrounding land mass. For this I wanted a large land mass to the East of the Island.

Taking an A4 piece of paper I started by drawing a rough outline of the Island in the centre of the paper. Once I was happy with the positioning of the Island I drew a landmass that ran along the northern and eastern boarders of the paper.

As you can see from the picture on the left I have inked in the land mass on the Northern and Eastern boarders of the paper. These boarders mark the south-western part to one of the continents in the fantasy world of Ilicia.

If you would like to learn how I draw my land mass then please check out my 'Drawing Land' tutorial (This will be uploaded over the next few days)

No comments: